Main job requirements:
· Transport the children (girl aged 11; boy aged 9) to/from school/bus stop/afternoon clubs and playdates
· Interact and play with the children; engage them on topics of interest
· Prepare healthy snacks for the children and structure/provide support to complete homework, reading, school projects and music practice
· Prepare the children’s healthy evening meal and eat meal together (no pizza, chips, fast food)
· Encourage the children to organize their bags/kits/instruments for following school day
· Encourage the children to prepare for bedtime routine (e.g. shower, wash teeth, put on pjs)
· Tidy kitchen and dining room after snacks and meals including clearing and washing work surfaces, floor, loading the dishwasher, washing/drying any kitchenware. Keep common areas of the house and children’s bedrooms tidy and clean.
· Wash and hang family laundry particularly children’s school uniform and sports kit
· Other ad hoc duties such as buying groceries, party gifts, dry cleaning collection (petty cash will be provided)
· From time to time there may be light supervision of other workmen (e.g. gardener)
· Other housekeeping duties: weekly vacuuming of the house, ironing, cleaning of the bathrooms and change of bed linen.
Pay, hours of work and holidays:
· £600-£650 net per week plus statutory pension
· Approx. 50 hours per week including flexibility for one night of babysitting – pattern of hours can be negotiated but could work as follows:
Monday 12.30-7.30pm; Tuesday 7.20*am-7.20pm; Weds 7.20am-7.20pm; Thurs 7.20-7.20pm; Fri 2.00-6.00pm plus 3 hours babysitting – note during the school holidays, would require cover from 7.30am on Mondays.
*boy’s school coach is at 7.39am, need to leave the house by 7.25am to reach bus stop on time
· Use of (manual) family car during work hours only
· 20 days of paid holiday per year plus UK bank holidays. Holidays to be taken during school holidays only; no more than 2 weeks at a time and agreed 6 months in advance
Place of work:
· West Hampstead with school/bus pick up around Mill Hill, Finchley Road and Swiss Cottage. Playdates, after school and holiday activities often involve travel across a wider North London area.
· Responsible and organized
· Ability to organize/encourage children to complete homework etc
· Outgoing and fun
· Clean driving licence (manual gears)
· Interest in sport would be an advantage but not essential