Newly registered clients are looking for a Mary Poppins for their adorable little boy who will be 3 at the end of January. He will be in nursery school in the mornings from 8:45am - 12pm. They’re conscious though that a full-time nanny will probably still work best for them, even if there are a few hours when he will be in school. In terms of other specifics:
- Hours: They were thinking two days a week, 8am - 6:30pm (to have some help with the morning school run) and 9am - 6:30pm for the other three days a week (the days they would be doing the school run), and 8:30am - 6:30pm during school holidays. This would be a live out position. It would be good to have someone who is flexible if the parents are a bit delayed in the evening due to train issues (they don't think they’ve ever been more than 10-15 minutes late for their current nanny). Also nice if they would be open to babysitting during the week and at weekends (probably around 2-3 times per month at most).
- Experience: Given the little boy is older now, they can probably be more flexible on experience, although they'd like at least some experience (i.e., they'd like not to be their first nanny position). They’re also considering having another baby so newborn experience would be welcomed!
- Duties: Preparing meals for the little one and picking up groceries for his meals, nursery duties (changing his bed, laundry, cleaning up around the nursery and tidy up play areas at the end of the day, as well as clean up kitchen and eating area after his meals), organising activities and play dates for him. It's important as well that the nanny isn’t precious about things like, for example, if some of the parents’ laundry is in with the little boy's, do all of it together, if the dishwasher is clean, empty it, etc.
- Pay: They'd be looking at paying £12/hour+ (net), depending on experience, with pension arrangements separately agreed, year-end discretionary bonus, and annual salary review.
- Holiday: 20 days of holiday, with 10 days of our choice, and 10 days at the nanny's choice.
Generally an enthusiasm for children is a must!