There is no registration or assessment fee; you can fill in our application form online and or phone us directly on 020 7433 2525/6 to sign up with us.
We will process your application and assess potential applicants for the job, creating a shortlist that would be a good fit for you and your family.
We'll set up interviews for you and the potential applicants to meet each other and ask questions. See our recommended questions below.
Book With Us
Once you have selected your preferred applicant, we will arrange everything for you so that you can start getting the help you need straight away.
Our Recruitment & Assessment Process
HOW WE CHECK CANDIDATES' QUALIFICATIONS, BACKGROUNDS & REFERENCES
We recruit our candidates via extensive advertising. During the initial interview, applicants, many of whom live locally, will be asked to complete a detailed form and submit their written qualifications, references and police check. Having been questioned at length, they will then be considered for a suitable post with our clients.
References will be taken up and verified verbally. Through a well thought out and rigorous checking system, Hampstead Nannies is confident that all candidates prove to be bonafide. Many of our applicants are known to Hampstead Nannies, having being placed through the Agency previously or having worked in the area.
our terms & Conditions
Our acceptance form
Our agency fees
Useful Interview Questions to Ask
- How would you describe yourself?
- What made you choose a career in childcare?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- Do you swim? Do you have a lifesaving certificate?
- Do you have a current, clean UK driving license?
- Do you have any nanny friends nearby? What age are their charges?
- Are you familiar with this area?
- Do you play any musical instruments?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- What do you enjoy about looking after babies / toddlers / school age children?
- How would you help my child with: weaning / sitting / crawling / table manners / potty training / talking / reading / writing / homework?
- What do you think are the safety hazards affecting my children and what steps would you take to ensure that no accidents occurred?
- What would you do in the following situations: the child is burnt / bangs it head / chokes / is bleeding / has a high fever?
- How would you entertain my children at home?
- What activities would you suggest outside the home?
- What sort of meals would you prepare for my children?
- What household tasks are you prepared to undertake?